Caution: This instructions do not consider strict security. You must know much more to keep proper security for publication to world wide. So I recommend this server constructed here should be used for your personal practice how to make LAMP(linux-apache-mysql-perl,php,python) web server. If you want to get farther knowledges, visit related links suggested below. Those would be good help for you.
Note: Placeholders are signed as < ..data.. >. you must fill your data. […] sign as key input.
- Client Software
- https://ja.osdn.net/projects/ttssh2/ TeraTermPro(jp)
- http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/manual/ja/macro/command/index.html TTL commands(jp)
- https://winscp.net/ WinSCP
- https://cp.myvps.jp/Home.aspx VPS link(userid and password required) (jp)
- https://access.redhat.com/documentation/ja-JP/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/7.2_Release_Notes/index.htmlRHEL７ release note
- https://access.redhat.com/documentation/ja/red-hat-enterprise-linux/?version=7/ RHEL7 manual
- https://thinkit.co.jp/story/2014/11/14/5366 CPG CentOS7 practical guid(jp)
- https://cp.myvps.jp/Home.aspx VPS link(userID and password is required) (jp)
- http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/ait/articles/1104/14/news116.html @IT lamp for work
Onamae.com VPS(KVM) plan
Virtual 2 core cpu and 1GB memory 20GBHDD+80GBHDD(scarable)
- OS install
- SSH secure console set
- Antivirus and security check
- Secure Web (Openssl,MariaDB,Apache,Perl)
- Domain and SSL authorized certification
- Running System
1. OS install
- https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/index.html#SEC_Contents GNU GRUB Manual 2.00
- https://www.centos.org/ CentOS 7 home
- https://wiki.centos.org/ CentOS Wiki
IT Pro Linux commands INDEX(jp)
- ITPro CentOS7 manual(jp)
Download latest OS image from official site. https://www.centos.org/
The full contents version has oversize for DVD.
Upload the image to vps provider’s storage, follow the instruction.
Note:Mouse does not work on Google Chrome. You need FireFox web browser. e.g, path at Windows
shell “C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” https://cp.myvps.jp/Home.aspx
Control Panel >
Server List >kvm************ [click]
Power Off (Confirm stop power)
OS re-install tab
OS:[custom OS] > pull down the list and the last one is the latest you uploaded.
Semi-virtual driver （virtio） [on]
VNC console key map [ja]
Disks [Custom][100GB] <expand, partationing is auto set
> [confirm] >[execute] >[return to server list] >[power on]
>Power on ready? [yes]
Server list >kvm************ [click]
See console view
click and start [click]
Next view get from the icon right above
[Enter] to start install
The installer view >
keyboard [Japanese] #pick by ‘j’
Selected install device Basic expanded to 80GB+20GB
It’s ok with default set.
If you know about linux filesystem, I reccomend to create customized partation like this;
pool name = <you like …>
filesystem = xfs
partations = / , /var , /tmp, /home (each size would be your choice within your VPS limitation)
/boot and /swap should be remained default.
Selected software as webserver(MariaDB,perl,php,python) + developer
Enabling the network connection
root pass <root password>
create user <your id > to be administrator pass <your-ids password>
===wait for a while(about 30 min)===
reject customOS disk [click]
Forced reject the install disk from check box at the top of view.
When the progress bar is displayed and, is showed the login : prompt, you made success install.
enter your user and pass, try login.
login: <your user>
$ su root
# prompt changed
lead time 60-90min(depends on network speed)